Job Title: Driver & Tarmac Operatives
To undertake all assigned tarmac work as provided by the Ganger to the required job standards and the customers expectations. Ensuring that all jobs are completed in line with Health & Safety guidelines at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following list is not exhaustive and is intended only to indicate the range of activities that the post holder will be required to undertake. Further duties and responsibilities may be added as identified from time to time and it is expected that the post-holder will accept all reasonable requirements and developments of the job.
To undertake the tarmac work on your assigned site by:
- Undertake all tarmac jobs as requested by the Ganger, ensuring where possible that work is completed on the first visit and to the required standard
- To assist the Ganger with the repositioning of manhole covers
- To drive the 7.5 tonne lorry
- To advise after the completion of every job the outcome and any recommendations including any additional work required
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately, fully and legibly
- To carry out all works in accordance with Company Health & Safety policy, including wearing the correct PPE at all times and reporting all accidents or ‘near misses’ to the Ganger, Operations Support Manager or the Health & Safety Manager
- To ensure that at the end of the work the site is clean and that all debris and waste have been removed
- Ensure that the site has the possession of all the required goods, tools and equipment to complete all assigned work.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Full UK Driving License
- 7.5 tonne license or CPC
- Class 1 License (desirable)
- 2 - 5 years tarmac experience
- CSCS Card
- Tarmac, Hot Lay, Patching, Ironworks or Highways Experience
During the course of our activities we, Public Sewer Services Ltd, will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about our applicants and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The purpose of this clause is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data.
We will usually only process your personal data for our legitimate interests, namely staff recruitment. If your application is successful, that data contained within the application form will, together with other data collected during any induction, will continue to be processed for the purposes of performing your contract, where you have given your consent or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
We will process data about applicants for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations as a potential employer, for example to ensure transparency during the recruitment process.
We may process sensitive personal data relating to applicants including, as appropriate:
- information about an applicant's physical or mental health or condition in order to take decisions as to the employee's fitness for work;
- the applicant's racial or ethnic origin or religious or similar information in order to monitor compliance with equal opportunities legislation;
- in order to comply with legal requirements and obligations to third parties.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required. Data contained in the application form completed by an unsuccessful applicant will be destroyed after a period of 6 months following notification to you that your application has been unsuccessful.